- Scholarship applications must be submitted by April 8, 2016 at 5pm. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Type or legibly print in black or blue ink.
- Your Academic School Counselor will be notified by email or phone regarding the status of your application once decisions have been made and prior to your school’s scholarship presentation assembly.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to five (5) deserving Central Oregon Area High School graduating seniors intending to pursue post-high school course study at either college/university, community college or other post-secondary educational institution.
Award Components: Five (5) $1000 scholarships will be awarded to five (5) students selected by the Bigfoot Beverages’ Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award and from a Central Oregon Area High School.(Bend, Burns, Cascades Academy, Crane Union, Crook County, Culver, La Pine, Madras, Marshall, Mountain View, Redmond, Redmond Proficiency Academy, Sisters, Summit or Trinity Lutheran)
- Applicant must demonstrate positive impact involvement – in the complete sense - consistent with capacity and circumstances and/or significant improvement/success in scholarship and community involvement, determined through letter of recommendations.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or greater.
- Scholarship Documents:
- Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (incomplete or illegible forms will not be considered).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers or individual (does not include relatives) with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement.
- An official and recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average.
- Personal Essay. In your essay, please answer the question in 1000 words or less on the enclosed application (an attached extra sheet is permissible).
WHAT IS YOUR STORY OF A BIGFOOT? (This can be truthful or fictional, but be creative. Possibly it's about a BIG accomplishment or about your BIG future plans or maybe you’ve even spotted the real Bigfoot! (1000 word limit please)
Deadline for the application is Friday, April 11, 2016 by 5pm. Applications emailed, postmarked or returned after this date will not be considered.
Please submit application to: